MARKET DAY: Tuesday
PORT: Porto - Via Fossà
PHARMACY: Zaccaria - Via Cristoforo Colombo, 18
HOSPITALS: Pronto Soccorso Malcesine - Via Gardesana, 37; Ospedale Orlandi di Bussolengo - Via Ospedale, 4/6
Castelletto is one of the 24 small villages that make up the municipality of Brenzone along the beautiful shores of the lake on the slopes of Mount Baldo. They are all small hamlets and districts on a 'human scale'.
Castelletto is most famous for the 'Pietra di Castelletto', a rocky boulder of about two cubic metres with rock carvings dating back 4550 years. Thanks to this find, now on display in the town hall, it has become clear how bronze tools and weapons were used and what the role of the sun was in the religion of the time.
The place name Castelletto derives from the ancient castle of which no trace remains today.
But of great value is the church dedicated to San Zenone, called 'San Zen de l'oselet', which dates back to the year 1000, built in red marble and tuff, with a 14th-century fresco depicting the Blessing Christ.
The parish church is neo-Gothic and replaced an older one that was demolished for traffic reasons.
Its history is associated with that of Brenzone, a relatively 'young' municipality born in the mid-twentieth century. The development of these areas was slower due to the morphology of the land due to steep and impervious slopes and few narrow paths that limited communication routes.
The first documents proving its identity date back to the 12th century when the municipalities developed during the medieval period and passed under various dominations such as the Scaligeri, Visconti, Carraresi and Venetians.