Lake Garda is recognised throughout Europe as a sport climbing paradise.
This fame is certainly due to the hundreds of routes of all levels of difficulty; from beginners to experts, here everyone can find the wall that suits them best.
Summer is undoubtedly the favourite season for climbers, but Lake Garda, thanks to its mild climate, allows climbing all year round. The walls are perfectly equipped and allow climbing in complete safety.
Another peculiarity of these routes is their proximity to the lake and the breathtaking panorama they offer during the ascent.
The best known walls are these:
- Massone near Arco with sloping walls
- Nago near Torbole with more than 100 routes
- Spiaggia delle Lucertole near Torbole
- Sasso between Gargnano and Toscolano-Maderno
- Sasso della Roccia near Manerba del Garda
- The natural wall of the Placche di Baone, with tactile map, allows climbing even for the blind
- The new Maroc crag in Cassone, Malcesine